Peace Comments

Peace is everybody's basic right - Hassan Fazli

My other blogs are:

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Power Of Positive Thinking

While I was coming to the office this morning, I saw a blind boy begging at the roadside.  That reminded me of a story once told by my lecturer when I was pursuing my MBA.  I wish to share this story with you in the hope that maybe it will bring some good changes in someone's life by simply thinking positively.  So here is the story.


A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet.  He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help."  There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by.  He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat.  He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words.  He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon, the man who changed the sign came to see how things were.  The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"


The man said, "I only wrote the truth.  I said what you said but in a different way."  What he had written was: "Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it."  Do you think the first sign and second sign were saying the same thing?

Of course both signs told people that the boy was blind.  But the first sign simply said the boy was blind.  The second sign told people they were so lucky that they were not blind.  Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?


Always try to see something good out of something bad.  If you focus on the good side, chances are that the bad side will fade away and you will discover that it is not so bad after all.  It is all about the power of positive thinking.  Try it and you will see the difference.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post Mr Hassan. Enjoyed reading it so much. The story hit me hard and now I realize what a pessimist I am.

    I love what you wrote in your last paragraph. It is my as Oprah would put it...my AHA moment.

    This story is a valuable lesson. Thanks so much again.

    Sushmita Deol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Mr Hassan? I like your blog very much. Will refer my friends to it. I really feel good reading this post. The 3 pictures with their words of wisdom really encourage me.

    Good choice of pictures and encouraging words. Thanks you for selecting them and uploading them in your post. Hope to read more from your blog.

    Jaswant Singh
    (Singapore)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like this story Mr Hassan. Good work. Hope to read more from your blog.





    Ehtisham Irfan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to think positive when everything around you seems to be crumbling right before your very eyes. I think that it takes a unique individual to see something so positive in total darkness. I want to be that individual but I don't know how.


    Automatic Response

    ReplyDelete